Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Bravo Maestro




I recently shared with friends  that I had been going through a rough time for a several days. I couldn't seem to "pull" myself out of it. I read the Word, I prayed, I tried to focus on encouraging others, I tried to meditate on all I had to be thankful for, I attended church and it helped somewhat just as it had in times past. However, it didn't leave me completely. I had a heaviness that just didn't seem to fully lift. Then I remembered Isaiah 61:3 "Provide for those who grieve in Zion—to bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of joy instead of mourning, and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair. They will be called oaks of righteousness, a planting of the Lord for the display of his splendor." So I put on worship music and began to sing praises to the Lord. My burden lifted completely. I remembered the beautiful picture in my mind of David worshiping the Lord and bringing temporary relief to Saul's torment and this experience set me on a path of meditating on the beautiful gift of music God has given us. God knows us so well. After all, He created us. He knew music would soften our souls and relieve our heaviness so that we could use our mouths to sing His praises. Only our God could create such a win win situation. We are comforted, He is glorified. Thank You Lord!!! It was on the tails of this experience that God inspired me with this story:


BRAVO MAESTRO
The piece He's written is phenomenal. The last piece was authentic and original. After all, it ushered in all of creation. But this piece, this piece is magnificent with all its crescendos and the melodic beauty. He closes His eyes and plays the masterpiece in His head and He realizes what a great sacrifice it will cost the Conductor to inspire the musicians to execute the piece so that it is delivered at its fullest potential. 

However, He knows the Conductor. The Conductor has already made it clear that at whatever cost He will ensure the musicians have all they need to execute the piece in the beauty it was intended. The Composer and the Conductor agree the best way for this to be accomplished is for the Conductor to show each musician how it's done. He must convey the beauty of the piece and how it deserves every ounce of effort the musicians can offer to present it on behalf of the Composer.

So the Conductor becomes so intimately acquainted with each musician and imparts His passion for the piece to every one of them, showing them the importance of their part and how they will complement one another. The musicians love Him. He is their Maestro (Master Teacher). He works tirelessly and gives everything knowing that at the raising of His baton will come the most magnificent masterpiece ever played in times past or in time that is to come. He inspires the musicians to deliver their very best so that the Composer will be well pleased.

The tireless, selfless hours have been given. The abilities have been imparted from the Maestro to the musicians and it all culminates to this very moment. You and I have the tools to present the greatest love symphony of all time. The Maestro has shown us exactly what we need to do to present a faultless performance to our Wonderful Composer. May we master our part and mesh together in the melodic beauty intended to please the Great Composer so we may all in unison resound "Bravo Maestro". 


Colossians 1:10 says, “Walk in a manner worthy of the Lord, to please Him in all respects, bearing fruit in every good work.” Good works are fruit. When we live a life of good works, the world will see and glorify our Father in heaven.


2 comments:

  1. Amen and Amen. Praising the Lord is an amazing miraculous lifter of burdens. Thank you for sharing. I love the Maestro piece.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praise the Living God! This has touched me in a way that You would never have imagined as you were writing this... as the Holy Spirit has been working in me very recently, speaking to me some of the very things you have put into words.... that I did not have the words to say....

    Thank you for speaking your heart and being obedient in using the Music and Maestro in your piece... as part of my heart was bring back the music and art into my own life that the LORD had placed there so very long ago, a part of me that HE was showing me I was in need of bringing back, now to help me and others... as a part of who me created me to be... Music and art is much of who I am and also a part of me, most of you do not know about me... but it is the joy, that I would go to when I needed to be close to my LORD and have some quiet time with HIM.... I would play the piano or sing or just paint/sketch... and He would Speak to me...

    Thank you for confirming in me tonight this very special blessing that the LORD wants me to start up again in my life <3

    ReplyDelete

Comments: